American Rescue Plan Coordinator
The Mississippi Association of Educators (MAE) is the most powerful professional association for educators in our state and an affiliate of the National Education Association. We are dedicated to improving the teaching profession and strengthening Mississippi’s public schools. We are guided by the vision of providing a great public school for every child. We exist to support, protect, and strengthen those who nurture Mississippi’s children.
As the American Rescue Plan Coordinator at MAE, you will be an integral part of our effort to optimize and leverage the state and local allocation and spending of American Rescue Plan (ARP) apportioned to the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency fund and any additional future federal resources earmarked for education. As the ARP coordinator, you will work closely with all MAE departments and governance leaders to create a system of collaboration, advocacy, and organizing at the state and local levels to ensure educator voice is a strong component of the ARP allocation and spending plans.
· Develop a clear understanding of all the American Rescue Plan funds allocated to districts and the allowable usage of such funds.
· Review and monitor district plan for allocation of the funds and make recommendations to locals based on local and member needs.
· Work directly with staff in Government Relations/Communications, Member Rights, and Field & Membership to ensure that the information provided for locals and staff is complete and aligned.
· Assists in creating resources for locals and staff on how the funds can be used and to engage member voice for the purpose of supporting students.
· Communicate with the Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) to monitor funds are being used appropriately.
· Identify related organizing opportunities for locals including work with community partners, parents, and other stakeholder groups in order to engage members.
· Through the NEA network of coordinators, share the best and most creative practices of using ARP funds to help with student learning and members’ needs with local affiliates.
· Work with NEA to stay abreast of resources and networking opportunities.
· Represent MAE in any stakeholder meetings concerning ARP funds.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director or his designee.
· B.A. or B.S. degree
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
· Experience and demonstrated effectiveness in advocacy and issue organizing
· Ability to demonstrate positive collaborative working relationships with others
· Skill in project management, assessment, and evaluation
· Successful work experience in public schools or associations advocating for public schools
· Understanding of local, state, and federal education finance policy issues and the ability to provide fiscal policy analysis
· Knowledge of school finance, district-level spending decision making, organizing and public relations/communications
· Political Awareness
· Knowledge of technology and application to work assignment
· Ability to build develop work plans, strategy around issues and to communicate those strategies
· Ability to be flexible – shifting priorities/resources with a positive attitude
· Travel required – good driving record and valid driver’s license
This position will be a one-year, salaried position beginning on the hire date and ending on August 31, 2022. A second-year contract is contingent on the successful execution of the job responsibilities and approval of additional NEA funding. The base salary range for the position is $45,000-$68,500 with the salary offer incorporating the chosen candidate’s work history and relevant professional experience. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Allice Lattimore at email@example.com by October 25.
No phone calls, please.
MISSISSIPPI ASSOCIATION OF EDUCATORS IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Consistent with the MAE Affirmative Action Plan, minority, female and physically challenged applicants are encouraged to apply.