Educator Recruitment and Professional Development Specialist
The Mississippi Association of Educators (MAE) is the most powerful professional association for educators in our state and an affiliate of the National Education Association. We are dedicated to improving the teaching profession and strengthening Mississippi’s public schools. We are guided by the vision of providing a great public school for every child.
We exist to support, protect, and strengthen those who nurture Mississippi’s children.
As the Educator Recruitment and Professional Development Specialist at MAE, you will be an integral part of our effort to support educators from across the career continuum in furthering their professional and instructional skills. In this role you will work closely with all MAE departments and governance leaders to create an instructional and professional development (IPD) program incorporating professional issues advocacy and leadership development at the state and local levels. You will be the point person that ensures that all educators across Mississippi have access to relevant and effective offerings to better support their students and continue growing as an educators.
- Develop programs, activities, and initiatives for use by MAE at a statewide and local level to provide instructional and professional development (IPD) support for educators in Mississippi
- Support local affiliates as they develop local level IPD programs. This will include assisting in the planning and implementation of IPD offerings and maintaining a list of IPD stakeholders, materials, plans, ideas, topics and activities for their reference and use
- Assist in the development of MAE position papers and organizational testimony on education issues
- Work with Boards, committees, agencies and organizations of state government in instruction and professional development-related areas
- Support local affiliates in designing and planning instruction and professional development programs and activities for relevant topics including teacher evaluation and student testing
- Design instruction and professional development activities for implementation by local affiliates
- Design and develop training models for use by staff and members to strengthen instruction and professional development at the local affiliate level
- Be knowledgeable about Mississippi licensure procedures, requirements and standards
- Coordinate and support staff activities related to instruction and professional development in cooperation with the appropriate staff
- Identify and support members and local leaders to be skilled professional development presenters
- Design, deliver and coordinate a member-centered cadre training program to support member success in the classroom
- Assist in the planning and execution of meetings and conferences that promote MAE’s mission and goals
- Assemble and/or develop sample language for instruction and professional development items to be collaboratively conferenced
- Research, analyze and/or develop information which can be used in teach and other publications in the areas of instruction and professional development
- Be primarily responsible to the Executive Director
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or his/her designee
- Successful teaching experience, with a minimum of three years’ experience in the classroom
- BA/BS Required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak effectively
- Experience in training and adult learning
- Direct experience in program development and delivery
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to work harmoniously with other professionals and a history of giving attention to details
- Must understand teacher evaluation issues
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours
MAE embraces diversity, inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
This position will be a one-year, salaried position beginning on the hire date. A second-year contract is contingent on the successful execution of the job responsibilities and approval of additional NEA funding.
The base salary for this position is $45,715.
A range of fringe benefits will include retirement, dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, 401K option, paid sick leave, and paid vacation. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Allice Lattimore at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period will remain open until the position is filled.
No phone calls, please.
MISSISSIPPI ASSOCIATION OF EDUCATORS IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Consistent with the MAE Affirmative Action Plan, minority, female and physically challenged applicants are encouraged to apply.