The Mississippi Association of Educators (MAE), along with our parent organization, the National Education Association (NEA), offers an impressive collection of services and benefits to members. These benefits range from financial assistance and professional development to legal representation and protection.
The cost of monthly dues allows you to access:
Personal and Professional Protection
- Liability Coverage up to $3,000,000
- Provides legal assistance for members in job related disputes with NO out of packet expenses
- Dental & Vision Plans
- NO cost Life Insurance up to $150,000
- Discounts on Home and Auto Insurance – save up to $400 per year
- Field staff across the state to guide you through any situation
- Full time lobbyist at the Capitol looking out for your interest when you are in the classroom
- Legislative Agenda that is presented to legislatures to improve working conditions and increase educators’ salaries to the southeastern average and above. (MAE was successful in lobbying for the last raises teachers received)
- Car Buying Program – save up to $3200 off MSRP
- NEA Click & Save – save a bundle from clothes to electronics at thousands from top online stores, exclusive offers from airlines, hotel chains, cruise lines, and resorts, car rental discounts from Hertz, Alamo, Enterprise, National, and Dollar, Trafalgar guided vacation discounts, credit cards – choice of great rewards
- Local Discounts through Educator Access for any state you may visit to get discounts on food, lodging, tickets and much more.
- Home Financing Program – offers purchase and refinance mortgages discounts
- Personal Loan- can be a faster way to pay off your high – interest – rates balance
- Smart Option Student Loan – lets you borrow up to 100% of college tuition, room, board and other costs
- Articles from Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Free workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Local and National leadership opportunities
- Scholarships for students going into the education profession
- Sponsor of the Mississippi National Spelling Bee!
- Sponsor of Read Across America events across Mississippi
- Professional Development of topics that are in conjunction with MDE that offer CEU’s
- Praxis Workshops to help prepare you for your educational career
- Practical tips shared by other teachers in the Works4ME e-newsletter.