2019 Statewide Election Posting of Positions
Board of Directors
Capital Region – Minority Race
East Central Region – Majority Race
Delta Region – Majority race
Delta Region – Minority Race
Northeast Region – Minority Race
Northwest Region – Minority Race
Southwest Region – Majority Race
Southwest Region – Minority Race
Alter NEA Director
MAE Delegates to 2019 NEA RA
(two from each region will be elected)
East Central Region
Gulf Coast Region
NOTE: The NEA RA will be held in July of 2019 in Houston, Texas.
The deadline for qualifying for a place on the ballot is November 30, 2018. This means the qualifying papers must be hand delivered or postmarked to the MAE office (775 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39202-3086) by that day.
You may qualify in one of three ways:
- Members seeking the office of President, Vice-President, Secretary/Treasurer, NEA Director or NEA Alternate Director must have been an active member in good standing for three (3) consecutive years. Good standing is defined as unified – local, state, and national – with all dues paid. Members seeking the office of MAE Board of Directors or NEA Delegate must be a current member in good standing.
- Your local association may put your name up for a position. Your local should vote on the matter and the local president then sends a letter to the MAE Elections Committee giving the name of the person nominated for the position for which the person nominated for the position for which the person is running.
- The prospective candidate may get 100 signatures of voting (paid in full) members from his/her MAE region to sign a petition placing the person’s name on the ballot. The signatures along with a letter should be sent to MAE.
To qualify as a candidate for NEA delegate one must submit a completed nomination form.
All qualifying papers must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Sent by certified mail postmarked to the MAE no later than November 30 (return receipt requested for each position), or
- Hand delivered to the receptionist in the MAE office where a receipt, with date and time, will be given.
- Sent via email to email@example.com